Monday, July 28, 2008

Graduation

We had our Convocation on 26th July, 2008 - the convocation for our Post Graduate Diploma in Management. Amidst all the confusion and complaints (why is it so early this time, who all are coming, ppl haven't joined yet etc.), most of us who could attend it made themselves available for it. I got my tickets around 20 days back and on the d-day, went to Pama's place with Anupama Gupta who finalised her plans of attending the convo only on the night of 25th July.

Reaching Chennai was filled with mixed emotions, though I was struggling to come out with my bargaining skills initially, once I was in the form I emerged victoriously and settled for 170 bucks from Airport to Gill Nagar (the autowala had quoted 250 bucks). Tamil words were flowing fluently though I fractured them here and there. :) And I was in the land of Dravidians, all set to receive my reward for 4 years.

We had lunch at Cascade and it was really nice to see that though we are all working professionals now, we were our own selfs when we were with one another. Catching up on the latest, chatting, gossiping, laughing, smiling, we had lots of fun. Then came college. After the initial round of formalities of registration, taking the gowns etc. we finally settled in our seats, the feeling of graduation had not come until the procession began. When I saw the faculties dressed in their red robes, the years started rolling in front of my eyes like a movie. The 1st ppt. on REIKI, the time when I had cried in the class for the 1st and the last time in Pandey Sir's class, my initial interest and subsequent disinterest in anything that had got something to do with accounts/finance, the shifting of rooms in the hostel, the shopping for freshers, the signature campaign, my getting titled as Ms. LIBA, the struggle to pass FM-I, the classes with Munish and Peter, shopping for Peter and Shalen, the hostel dinners with Anupama and Smriti, the chai sessions with Annie, waking up Aditi in the morning, the gappon ka session with her in the night, summers with Prachi, the ragging of the juniors, everything was so clear and I was completely lost when Soubir brought me out from my daze.

Then came the time when I received my diploma from the chief guest. Climbing down from the stairs of the stage, I was still busy recalling the 2 years when I was preparing for MBA entrance exams. I remembered reading one of Steve Jobbs' speeches where he had talked about connecting the dots. I could connect the dots now, the 2 years had taught me a lot and I had learnt my lessons well. I know that I do not wish to have any regrets when I look back at my past tomorrow and so I give my 100% to the present. I made some great friends- Saurabh, Hitesh, Prashant, Ankur, Ashima, Kritika, Nupur. Had it not been for them the 2 years wouldn't have been wonderful. I learnt a lot from all of them - Saurabh and Prashant taught me the meaning of dedication, determination and hard work. And Prashant I salute you for your patience. Hitesh taught me the value of simplicity and having your feet firmly on the ground. Ankur taught me how to take all the jokes in your stride. Kitni baar teri taang kheenchi hai but you took it all with a sporting spirit (though I must tell you all I am paying for this lesson heavily coz I am the butt of almost all jokes these days. But at the same time I must also admit that I enjoy a lot bcoz I have learnt how to be sporting).
I met Maalpani Uncle and Aunty at Navneet, Bassi. I thank the 2 years for one of the most beautiful people I have ever met. I thank time for Mr. Gopalji Sharma, my REIKI guru and guide. Unse baat ke karke koi problem, problem hi nahi lagti. Thanks a ton Uncle.

The four years were flashing in front of my eyes and the reward was there in my hands. I formally hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Management now. Thank you God for everything. And last but not the least thanks for Ma Papa. :)

No comments: